Last week we reach one of our first milestones for Noble Paws. We submitted our application for 501.c.3 nonprofit status to the IRS. Though this does not guarantee approval, we can now officially say our federal nonprofit status is “pending”. It can take up to six months for our application to be processed. We do not expect it to be ready by the February running of the Yukon Quest sled dog race but maybe before the March 1st start of the Iditarod.
In any case, we just wanted to give you a quick update on our progress. Stay tuned, next month we begin our fundraising efforts. Our goal is $30,000. The fundraiser will start December 5th and will end when the last dog team crosses the finish line of the Iditarod sled dog race in Nome.
If you would like to learn more about Noble Paws, visit our mission page.